RMJM is seeking to appoint an Architectural inspector to support the continued growth of our Dubai Studio.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Inspecting site conditions prior to start Architectural construction activities.
- Verifying the compatibility of the site with the designed permanent works.
- Making sure all existing structures, property, utilities and landscaping are properly protected.
- Reviewing materials delivered to site for conformance with approved samples, materials and equipment and report findings.
- Inspecting the construction of temporary and permanent works to ensure compliance with the Contract Documents and approved shop drawings and submittals.
- Preparing daily logs and reports. Maintain records of inspections made, tests performed, work executed, etc. Performing all work in accordance with the Contract Administration Procedures Manual.
- Observing site safety practices and the progress of the work. Reporting any concerns.
- Assisting with the inspection of completed works. Helping prepare punch lists. Monitoring the start-up, testing, commissioning and handover.
- Carrying out Snagging/De snagging inspections and handing over the works to the required level of quality.
- Prepare surveillance report(s) for deficiencies of work found at site and non-conformance reports (NCR) if required in view of the development of events.
- Perform all other duties given by direct manager.
Qualifications and skills:
- Five (5) years’ experience in a similar or equivalent position and job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines: Architectural Engineering.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems and trade practices is required.
- Highly proficient with technical writing, office automation, discipline-specific design software (i.e., MicroStation, AutoCAD, REVIT, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite), technology, math principles, graphics, spreadsheets, and tools.
- Ability to work independently and under changing environments.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, plan and achieve project tasks.
- Ability to work with contractors at site and any other necessary parties.
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.