RMJM is seeking to appoint a Construction Project Manager/ Resident Engineer to support the continued growth of our Dubai Studio.
The candidate will be responsible for project management activities and will be the primary point of contact during the construction phase. The candidate will apply their comprehensive knowledge of the UAE market and various construction disciplines to manage staff, schedule, budget, risk, quality and contractual aspects to successful delivery projects for our client.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Extensive background in civil construction, multiple areas is a plus.
- Lead construction management pursuits and fill a key role in delivering projects
- Directs and reviews the overall planning of construction activities to identify critical milestones and priorities
- Develop and establish efficient office and field procedures
- Review/analyze engineering related materials, reports, documents, plans and specifications.
- Develops and presents contract administrative tasks including reports, pay quantity calculations, estimates, labor compliance reviews, change orders, claims review and resolution, schedules, etc.
- Make significant and final determinations regarding contract administration.
- Coordinate all construction Personal including Assistant Resident Engineer, Construction Inspectors, Office/Field Engineers, MEP Engineer, Planer Material Testers, Sub consultant Staff and Administrative/Project Personnel.
- Has knowledge of the pertinent contract documents and references specific to the project.
- Assist with scope of work changes – confirm that contractor is constructing project per the approved plans and specifications.
- Ability to write and prepare clear and concise reports and correspondence.
- Exercises sound engineering judgment and follows through on determinations made during oversight of all field operations.
- Resolves or facilitates the resolution of all discrepancies or problems with contract documents and issues arising from field operations.
- Use technical knowledge to furnish comprehensive constructability analysis and review construction documents.
- Review and comment on contractor schedules and develop schedule mitigations which keep the project on track
- Reports monthly to the client on the status of the project
- Prepares and/or reviews cost and risk analyses and extra work claims for the client
- Provide analysis of claims and recommendations for the client
- Will be the primary contact and required to maintain a strong client relationship
- Manage the project to the standard safety and quality assurance requirements for the client
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or another related field
- Construction Management Minimum 20 years of experience overseeing major heavy civil construction site.
- Minimum 10 years of supervisory experience in the management of major heavy civil construction contracts
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with alternative delivery; Design-Build, Progressive Design-Build.
- Ability to effectively manage teams and communicate with clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.