RMJM is seeking to appoint Senior Structural /Civil Engineer to support the continued growth of our Dubai Studio.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Review project documents that include, methodology, quality assurance, control procedures, engineering and construction time schedule.
- Review and provide necessary comments on Contractor’s technical submittals such as design, specifications, drawings, calculations, method statements, TPIs, risk assessments etc. for compliance with Employer’s Requirements, Authority Requirements, End-User Requirements, Local and International Standards.
- Oversee/inspect site construction work in daily basis, witness tests, identify non-compliance to construction documentation, and recommend corrective measures.
- Coordinate on a daily basis with the Team Leader and other team members to verify, document and report the quality issues of work performed by the Contractor and provide/suggest corrective actions.
- Process (review and comment) the incoming correspondence.
- Monitor progress, record, and identify risks and potential delays and provide/suggest solutions.
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports (in English) with details of the observed works, quality, progress (fabrication and construction), testing of components, status of materials procurement/delivered to site.
- Ensure high quality of works during the service, strict compliance with the Employer’s Requirements, Projects Specifications and HSE Requirements.
- Assessment of the Contractor’s compliance to the quality management system as specified in the latest applicable standards. Any non-conformity found shall also be reported.
- Evaluate Contractor’s personnel, equipment, materials, and subcontractors.
- Participate in project construction meetings if required.
- Assist in resolution of construction problems.
- Analyze value engineering proposals.
- Coordinate with other team members.
- Coordinate and liaise with Port operator(s) and stakeholders.
Qualifications and skills:
- BEng /BSc (Hons) in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited university.
- At least 15 years experience (including 5 years in GCC) in construction and supervision of civil and structural works with a proven successful track record.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and technical skills.
- The ability to problem-solve and use initiative to analyse and respond appropriately to a situation.
- Excellent knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment employed in building, infrastructure, and facilities construction and maintenance in the field of Civil and Structural works.
- Excellent knowledge of Municipality and other local Authorities’ requirements and international standards.
- Must be able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- Member of/working towards associated Professional body membership will be preferred.
- History of working with an international engineering consultancy and prior experience in site supervision roles.
- Excellent computer/software skills (MS Office, AutoCAD, STAAD).
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Accuracy & precision of work.
- Must have good presentation skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Accountability for assigned work.
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.