RMJM is seeking to appoint a Construction Lead Architect to support the continued growth of our Dubai Studio.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Perform a variety of assignments requiring the application of standard architectural techniques for large projects.
- Exercise independent judgement in some areas evaluating, selecting and applying standard architectural design techniques, procedures and criteria to make design adaptations and modifications.
- Interact with current clients and assist in pursuing new work by leveraging existing relationships in the market
- Lead Design Team members in the preparation of design documents, reports and related project documents using REVIT and other applicable software
- Must demonstrate ability to perform thorough technical reviews in support of the office’s Quality Control program
- Review designs for applicable project, verifying architectural working drawings and related project documents
- Implementing project specifications, drawings and relative contract documents.
- Review / verify contractor Architectural materials submittal/ shop drawings/RFIs to meet project specification and ID/Architectural drawings.
- Review/verify samples materials proposed by the contractor are complying with projects/specification requirements.
- Liaise with the client for selecting Architectural/ID materials.
- Attend meetings with client/contractor related to \architectural aspect.
- Conducts site and construction inspections gathering information, compiling reports for management
- May assist in development of proposals
- May plan, schedule, coordinate, and oversee the work of lower-level architects
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to RMJM policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, or closely related discipline.
- 10+ years of relevant post education experience in learned discipline.
- Familiarity with relevant Authorities standards.
- Proficiency with CADD and REVIT platforms and their capabilities.
- Highly proficient with architectural principles, practices, process, design/build, and the application to project work-related issues.
- Highly proficient with extensive experience in building planning, drawing standards, design, and program/construction management; including project involvement in a variety of restorative and new design.
- Strong creative, visualization, and technical drawing skills.
- Proficient with process and concepts for sustainability, green building design, and reducing and eliminating the use or generation of hazardous substances/greenhouse gas.
- Strong knowledge of relevant construction laws, codes, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
- Highly proficient with making technical computations and calculations involving the application of architectural principles, understanding plans and specifications, and making factual comparisons and illustrations to the appropriate regulations.
- Experience with planning and conducting inspections and investigations on various aspects of the construction and design of buildings, facilities, or structures, applying applicable regulations and policies
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing intricate ideas effectively and professionally to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Strong self-leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with clients, regulators, project managers, and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Works independently to provide guidance and leadership to mid-level to senior level team or project members, with strict adherence to QA/QC.
- Highly proficient with technical writing, office automation, discipline-specific design software (i.e., MicroStation, AutoCAD, REVIT, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite), technology, math principles, graphics, spreadsheets, and tools.
- Experienced with providing critical review for documents and preparing technical deliverables and plans with a high degree of complexity.
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to apply technical knowledge to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, feedback, statistical analysis and arriving at the most effective, economical, and logical solution.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at coordinating and assertively directing subcontractors and others to consistently complete tasks safely and efficiently.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by RMJM health & safety policies.
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to prioritize responsibilities and quickly adapt to change in a pressure work environment.
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.