We are currently seeking an Assistant Resident Engineer (Marine Works) to join our team and play a crucial role in supervising the construction of marine works and associated items. In this position, you will report to the Resident Engineer and assist in ensuring the successful execution of marine construction projects.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Support the Resident Engineer in overseeing the construction of marine works and associated items.
- Act as the Resident Engineer’s substitute during periods of leave or absence.
- Chair meetings with utility agencies and other delegated meetings on behalf of the Resident Engineer.
- Collaborate with other engineers and the construction supervision team to coordinate activities.
- Assist the Resident Engineer in reviewing shop drawings, design proposals, method statements, and related correspondence, preparing responses for the Resident Engineer’s review.
- Coordinate with design engineers to resolve issues.
- Maintain a daily diary and daily reports prepared by inspectors.
- Coordinate with contractor engineers regarding scheduling and resource allocation.
- Direct, assist, and monitor the performance of inspectors and surveyors as needed.
- Convene and chair special meetings with service authorities, the contractor, subcontractors, and other relevant parties.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of records.
- Oversee the implementation of safety procedures on the project to achieve safety goals.
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Actively participate in health and safety matters on-site as required by the Resident Engineer and project safety representatives.
- Provide on-site direction and assist the Resident Engineer in issuing site instructions related to utilities works and associated items.
- Check and measure work performed within your area of responsibility, record progress, and report against the work program.
- Ensure the correctness and completeness of ‘as-built’ drawings within your area of responsibility.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil or mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 12 years of postgraduate experience in design, site supervision, and construction management of marine projects.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising marine works, including dredging, reclamation, and quay walls, preferably in the Gulf region.
- Proficiency in Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality Control.
- Ability to review and justify material submissions, analyze laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing, and quality measures, ensuring compliance with project specifications.
- Strong knowledge of contractual relationships.
- Proficiency in computer technology for data access, record maintenance, report generation, and project-specific engineering and construction software.
- Fluent in written and spoken English with excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Experience working with a Consultant is mandatory.
- Must be available in the UAE.
- Willingness to keep necessary records, as-built records, and manage the handover of marine works to service authorities, assisting the contractor in obtaining final clearance.
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.