We are currently seeking a meticulous Civil Inspector (Marine Works) to join our team and play a critical role in ensuring the quality and compliance of construction materials and project work related to marine construction projects.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Conduct regular inspections of construction materials delivered to the site, taking all necessary measures to ensure compliance with project requirements. This includes but is not limited to:
– Reviewing adherence to drawings, specifications, and contract documents.
– Ensuring compliance with best engineering practices.
– Verifying compliance with agreed-upon samples, mock-ups, or local authority requirements.
– Confirming conformity with relevant codes and standards.
- Attend field and laboratory tests conducted by other parties to assess construction materials’ compliance with specifications and determine suitability for use on the project.
- Perform monitoring observations and regular inspections according to agreed inspection and test plans (where hold points are clearly defined) for work executed by the Contractor(s). Ensure that work proceeds in accordance with the Contract Documents and accepted industry practices.
- Maintain continuous surveillance of the quality control procedures and organization of the Contractor to ensure their effectiveness in maintaining work quality. This includes architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, FF&E, specialty systems, and specialty installations, with a focus on conformance with the contract documents. Off-site inspection of fabricated works may also be required as per specifications or as deemed necessary to ensure compliance.
- Attend or witness inspections to ensure full compliance with the Contract Documents.
- Monitor supplier(s) and contractor(s) compliance with contractual safety requirements and governmental regulations. Identify safety violations and ensure the implementation of necessary corrective actions.
- Identify any non-compliant work installed by the contractor and promptly report the issue to the Project Management Consultant.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Proven experience in civil inspection, preferably in marine construction projects.
- In-depth knowledge of construction materials and quality control processes.
- Familiarity with drawings, specifications, and contract documents.
- Understanding of engineering best practices, local authority requirements, and relevant codes and standards.
- Ability to conduct and interpret field and laboratory tests.
- Strong organizational skills to monitor and report on work progress effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Commitment to safety standards and regulations.
- Available for on-site inspections and monitoring as required.
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.