RMJM is seeking to appoint Electrical inspector to support the continued growth of our Dubai Studio.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Assist the Electrical Engineer in performing the contractual duties on site.
- Attending to Inspection Requests (IR’s) submitted by the contractor and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Review submitted shop drawings against contract drawings and specifications, local codes and statutory requirements and international best practice.
- Report any works carried out by contractor found to not be in accordance with approved drawing and specifications and report to stakeholders for appropriate action.
- Monitor quality of works and assess the safety at site including health and environmental issues, ensuring compliance with contractual / QCS specifications and safety and health risk assessments.
- Maintain records for daily activities on site including progress photos and ensure they are readily available for inspection as and when required.
- Prepare surveillance report(s) for deficiencies of work found at site and non-conformance reports (NCR) if required in view of the development of events.
- Check and ensure effective co-ordination between discipline related works and all other disciplines.
- Provide technical input and experiences to resolve any discipline related issues on site that may arise.
- Carrying out Snagging/De snagging inspection and handing over the works to the required level of quality.
- Inspection/checking all testing and commissioning of MEP equipment’s/systems carried out at site to satisfy the project requirements.
- Ensure performance of the work in strict accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Receive material inspection requests (MIR) from contractor, inspect electrical & instrumentation materials delivered at site and report on quantity and technical compliance and sign off requests.
- Inspect the installation works of all electrical & instrumentation items/systems as per approved shop drawings.
- Ensure that safety critical aspects of the project are identified and actively addressed.
- Ensures that the project quality control procedures are used for the construction supervision works and monitors it for improvement.
- Ensure site progress information is communicated regularly.
- Assist the Electrical Engineer with the review of the O&M manuals and As Built drawings.
- Coordinate the works to ensure successful hand-over of the project.
Qualifications and skills:
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 5 years of electrical construction work experience related on major projects preferably in the Gulf region.
- Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with project team.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction related processes related to area of assignment.
- Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.