We are seeking a highly qualified Marine Works HSE Engineer to join our team and lead our marine construction projects’ health, safety, and environmental aspects. This role is crucial in ensuring the safety and compliance of our marine works, making it suitable for candidates with specific marine construction experience.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Manage the health, safety, and environmental arrangements for marine construction projects, aligning with the Project HSEQ Management System requirements. Ensure the protection and well-being of site personnel, with a particular focus on marine-related risks.
- Supervise and lead a team of HSE Inspectors, ensuring they diligently monitor the implementation of health and safety arrangements at marine project sites. Ensure compliance with legal and client requirements, emphasising marine safety protocols.
- Thoroughly review and approve contractor’s health, safety, and environmental plans, risk assessments, and method statements specifically related to marine works. Verify compliance with all marine-specific legal and client requirements before marine construction activities commence.
- Conduct daily morning site visits across marine project sites to verify the adequacy and effectiveness of marine-specific health and safety measures before marine-related work activities commence.
- Lead weekly joint HSE inspections with consultants and contractor personnel, emphasizing marine safety components. Ensure the identification and closure of all corrective and preventive actions, with a strong focus on marine-related hazards.
- Take the lead in initiating and conducting emergency response drills, particularly those related to marine scenarios. Ensure drills align with the project schedule and meet the rigorous performance standards required for marine projects.
- Oversee the completion of contractor incident investigation reports related to marine works. Ensure the identification of corrective actions and their prompt closure to prevent marine-related accidents. Provide technical guidance and expertise in marine safety.
- Conduct regular site safety reviews with a keen focus on marine safety, identifying marine-specific hazards, and recommending appropriate corrective measures.
- Maintain a robust liaison with enforcement authorities, clients, and other stakeholders regarding marine safety. Prepare and submit monthly HSE reports, with a marine-specific emphasis, in collaboration with contractor personnel, to the client.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related fields.
- Possession of a 2-year or longer national or international diploma in Fire & Safety, Occupational Health and Safety, or equivalent from accredited and recognized National or International Institutes
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Health, Safety & Environment, with at least 3 years of experience in marine construction projects with a recognized international consultant.
- Prior work experience on marine construction projects is mandatory.
- Valid First Aid & Basic Fire Fighting Certificate from a recognized institute.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Strong training abilities in HSE subjects, particularly in the context of marine works.
- Competence in conducting incident investigations, particularly those related to marine safety.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable national and international HSE laws, especially in the marine context.
- Proficiency in leadership techniques for managing project HSE issues, with a strong emphasis on marine safety.
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.