St. Patrick’s College was established in 1875 for the education of Primary Teachers, and is affiliated to Dublin City University, with a student body of over 2,300. The college occupies beautiful landscaped grounds just off Drumcondra Road, and incorporates a number of historic protected structures including the 17th century Belvedere House.
RMJM, in collaboration with Taylor Architects, were appointed to design a major new development within the site. The accommodation will comprise approx 12,000 m² of new build, with 13,000 m² of refurbished existing space, infrastructure improvements and landscaping.
A landmark new study and learning building will be constructed at the front of the site, and a new General and Specialist Teaching block with Sports Hall to the rear.
The development aims to create the foremost Irish educational establishment in its field, with state of the art and innovative facilities. This will create a new student-focused northern half of the campus with major social and cultural spaces. Interface and use in the public realm will be encouraged to maximise the community benefit.