The Peddie School is a prestigious, co-ed college preparatory school located in Hightstown, New Jersey. The 280-acre campus serves circa 500 students ranging from ninth through twelfth grade with additional post-graduate classes. The school was founded originally as an all-girls school in 1864 and later became co-ed. It was named after the philanthropist Thomas B. Peddie in 1872.
RMJM has worked with Peddie for over a quarter of a century creating numerous buildings on the campus such as the Swig Arts Center, Annenberg Science Center, Caspersen Campus Center and most recently the $25 million Ian H. Graham Athletic Center.
A new 2,788 sqm glass-encased Natatorium was added to the existing 11,150 sqm athletic facility.
This new portion of the building features a full competition-sized heated pool, locker rooms, gallery seating and a double skinned façade optimized for daylighting. A portion of the existing building was renovated to create a new double-height lobby visible from the main campus. This space serves as a lounge, gallery space and connecting spine between the new and existing building. Phase 2 of the project features new Fitness, Weight Training, Multipurpose and Changing Rooms.
2005: New Jersey Business & Industry Association, New Good Neighbor Award